Do you love wool? Do you love vibrant colours and sumptuous textures? Would you love to learn how to paint with wool? Are you not sure what I'm talking about??
Wet felting is a technique (not extremely well known, so don't beat yourself up!) that uses water, soap and agitation to entangle individual wool fibres together in order to create any number of wonderful creations, including: art, fashion (shoes, hats, purses, clothing, jewelry, you name it!), blankets and mats, vessels and sculptures and more.
I have put together a wet felting starter kit that will allow you to play and to paint with wool (i.e. making pictures). If you are new to wet felting, this kit is perfect for you, as it includes all that you need to get started into this amazing and addictive art form!
This kit includes the following items:
- Approximately 300 g of beautiful, fine Merino wool tops in multiple *(meaning, approximately 40) vibrant colours. Your kit will come with two bags of wool. One bag has colours specific to the project in my book Learn To Paint With Wool. If you choose not to purchase my book, you can use these colours for any picture you wish!
- A small bag of specialty fibres to use in your pictures as enhancements
- 4 pieces of prefelt (half felted wool fabric that is handy to use as the foundation or canvas of your piece)
- Solar pool cover material (which I call bubble mat)
- 3 elasticized tie-cords
- plastic spray nozzle that can attach to any standard water or pop bottle (for spritzing your piece in a diffuse manner)
- Needle felting foam pad
- 4 felting needles
- An invitation to join a live 1 hour Zoom call in order to ask questions and get set up! These would be offered to a small group of those interested in having an introduction to their kit and how to get started.
Your kit will have enough wool for you to make 3-5 separate pieces of art! In other words, you will have enough to explore and play and assess how you feel about this adventure!
*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN BUY MY BOOK TO ACCOMPANY THIS KIT. PLEASE SELECT THE OPTION TO ADD THE BOOK IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE ENTIRE BUNDLE.